Website migration FAQs
It’s important to get a digital marketing team across the board when migrating your site as it can make the entire migration process go as smoothly as possible. The most important aspect is to avoid as much negative impact on SEO as much as possible.
In SEO terms, website migrations are when any sitewide change is being undertaken that is major enough to have an impact on your website’s indexability and visibility to search engines. Perhaps you need to change the internal page structure, revamp the visual design or need to change to a different domain.
The following items can really destroy a site’s rankings:
- complete restructure of URLs
- loss of all SEO optimisation on key pages
- loss of key SEO content pieces and pages
- change of URL (after an earlier change)
- redirect issues
- complete loss of previous domain